Present: Lou Keim, Kevin O’Donnell, Ken Rocco, Matt Rossman, Mary Jo Schwartz, Mary Jane Treichel, Patrick Cleary Burns, Kate Galo, Fr. Tony Schuerger, Joe Nagel, Terry Jungquist, Charlene McIlwee, Pam Pulizzi, Dave Kennard,
Unable to attend: Bill Johansen
I. Opening Prayer – Mary Jane
Note: Following prayer, Lou gave a brief overview of how our role has now changed from being the Our New Parish Team to the Interim Council.
II. Elements of an Effective Parish Council Meeting – from a guide by Dave DeLambo that will be using in our meetings as direction:
*Prayer * Learning & Enrichment *Decision *Discussion
*Reports *Announcements *Meeting Summary
Note: Need to identify in by-laws how we will make decisions (e.g. Roberts rules of order, consensus)
III. Learning & Enrichment
• Conference in Rome – Fr. Tony shared a handout, photo and some of the experiences and outcomes from his trip.
• Pastoral Council Guidelines – Kevin reported that they have about 2/3 of Guidelines completed (reflected in October 2009 report for town hall meeting). Plan is for small group (Matt, Kevin and Fr. Tony) to complete a full draft of the Guidelines – then they will report it back to the Pastoral Council Working Group for feedback. See paper handout for timeline. Discussion regarding timeframe – mentions to have ballots in April and election by end of May. Transition in June, new Council takes effect July 1. This is proposed and depending on when bylaws are completed.
• Confirm Meeting Dates for Council Meetings January 24, February 21, March 21, April 18, May 16.
• Announcements at Liturgies – suggestion to have announcements at each Mass possibly done by member of IPC. Charlene explained that liturgically, following the post Communion prayer is the appropriate time and when there is the best attendance (with the possible exception of 4:30 Mass).
Announcements should be sent to the rectory. Decision to have Fr. Tony write them, have various IPC members say them after Commuion prayer (except 4:30 before Mass). Be sure to introduce self!!!
• Youth ministry this summer – group coming from Germany for a week in August – consensus to go forward with this – support their visit here in Cleveland.
• Evangelization Commission – part of our recommendation for the new Parish as well as part of the clustering plan and Diocesan recommendations. Also a very important part of the Church. Joe Nagel to be contact for Cluster.
• Dave and Kate to also work with this.
• Commission Reports – reminder to email them a couple days before the meeting whenever possible. Thoughts about fundraising using sweatshirts and DVD.
• Info for Bulletin: To Kim (office) by Monday
• Recording Secretary – Pam to fill for interim period. Minutes will be an insert in the weekly bulletin
VIII. Meeting Summary – set dates form meeting, tentative guideline for Pastoral Council, begin development of Evangelization, hosting the group from Germany.
VIII. Closing Prayer – Fr. Tony