Bishop Edward F. Hoban dedicated our current St. Malachi Church on June 29th, 1947, the Feasts of Sts. Peter and Paul (also celebrated by Fr. Paul Hritz as his patronal feast). Our current church was named The Memorial Church by Fr. George Martin and the parishioners who designed it to express “the pastoral history of the parish,” using the baptismal font and statues from the original church.
In celebration, please make use of St. Malachi Church Guide included with today’s bulletin to learn more about the rich symbolism and history of our church. Panels depicting the history of St. Malachi are on display in the hall, along with other historic artifacts. Items commemorating our 150th Jubilee are also for sale in the hall.