St Malachi Parish Pastoral Council
Minutes from the March 1, 2022 meeting in the Library
In Attendance: Fr. Michael Gurnick; Patrick Cleary-Burns; Judy Slivka; Judy Stowe; Cathy Graham; Melissa Smith-Morales; Steph Riccobene; Claudia Cabrera; Margaret Armstead; Janet Benoit; Tony Cresci Absent: Deacon Leo Bistak; Shawn Blankenship; Heather Gerheim Guests: Jeanette Shemo; Charlene McElwee; Stephanie Pritts; Max Giorgi Opening Prayer: Margaret Armstead
Education & Enrichment: Fr. Gurnick presented an update on the parish’s multi-dimensional process of Strategic Planning for the future. The ad hoc Leadership Committee (names to be announced soon) will be meeting with consultant, Rosie Dolan Baker, on 3/9 & 3/23/22.
Approval of the Minutes: The minutes from 2/1/22 were approved as written
- Malachi Run: Although still 30% down from pre-covid, registrations have been brisk and we are in good shape logistically.
- Nominating Committee: The search for candidates continues.
- Ministerial Leadership Meeting: Plans are pending for 3/26/22.
- Annual Meeting: Plans continue for 5/15/22.
- Homeless Jesus: Bishop Malesic will celebrate Mass at 10a on 4/3/22 with the blessing of the sculpture & a reception following
- After-communion Mass announcements: Continued dialogue about council members presenting information about current parish events; Patrick & Charlene will work on scheduling.
- “Radical Hospitality”: Stephanie Pritts shared information about an upcoming grant to fund development of “vibrant faith—a culture of welcome” in the parish
Administrator’s Report from Fr. Gurnick:
- Lent/Holy Week: Reconciliation for our cluster will be at St. Ignatius on 3/16 from 5-8pm. Fr Hollis will celebrate the full Easter Triduum at St. Malachi’s
- Special thank-you’s to Jeanette, Steve & Willie for a successful re-do of the Library
- Listening Sessions: Parishioners seemed to be invested. Themes included: Strategic Planning; Fr. Tony; Parking issues; future of our ministries
Parking: The discussions about space and traffic patterns continue.
Summary of Meeting: Judy Slivka Closing Prayer: Judy Stowe Next Meeting: May 3, 2022
Respectfully submitted, Judy Stowe, Secretary