11/10/20: First meeting of 2020-2021 via Zoom
- New members: Claudia Cabrera, Heather Gerheim, Stephanie Riccobene, Judy Slivka & Melissa Smith-Morales.
- Lou Keim ably led the traditional discernment process for change of Council leadership:
Chairperson: Patrick Cleary-Burns; Vice-Chairperson: Judy Slivka; Secretary: Judy Stowe
12/15/20: next meeting via Zoom
- Education & Enrichment: Kevin Burke presented an excellent tutorial on navigating Google Drive.
- The Ministry of Care internal & outreach communication efforts.
- Progress of the Mother Teresa Ministry and call for council/parishioner volunteers.
- Future Council meetings will be on 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM.
- Administrator’s Report from Fr. Gurnick:
- Phase I of the diocese’s Human Resource Study is complete; Phase II is in progress Consideration of staff participation in Council meetings.
- Infrastructure issues post-COVID.
- Formation of new ministries to foster community sense of parish & healing.
1/5/21: next meeting via Zoom
- Major Introductory Discussion: Our Parish/Council pre/post-COVID produced thought-provoking insights:
- Letting go of the past–instead focusing on our parish in the here and now & for the future.
- Looking at systemic racism + LGBTQ issues.
- Offering in-person as well as Zoom participation.
- Increasing attractive programming to draw new participants.
- Considering post-pandemic Mass schedule.
- A summary of council minutes will be in the Bulletin.
- Deacon Leo, John Paul & Heather joined the Mother Teresa Ministry.
- All members will choose a ministry & provide liaison with Council.
- Work will begin streamlining the Website and improving continuity of communication.
- Except for ad hoc emergencies, Council will not meet in July & December.
Administrator’s report from Fr. Gurnick:
- Building & Grounds:
- Boiler: replaced, being calibrated, to be inspected;
- Hot water tanks: valves to be tagged;
- Church toilets: address tree roots clogging pipes;
- North church steps: deterioration addressed; canopy ordered; restricted access possible;
- Convent: Stella Maris has remodeling permits.
- Malachi Run: City permits and decision on dates are pending; considering virtual race.
- Back Door: Hot meals in clamshells being served at the door; volunteers have increased.
- Parking: Will be lost in future; talks to begin soon.
- Important spiritual issues: What are we offering new folks? Where is the centrality of the Mass—the Eucharist.
Judy Stowe, Parish Council Secretary