What is Laudato Si’?
Pope Francis’ encyclical on care for our common home, Laudato Si’ is a moral and spiritual challenge. The ecological crisis, Pope Francis writes, is a summons to profound internal conversion, to renew our relationships with God, one another, and the created world.
Anniversary Theme: Everything is connected
Catholics around the world are uniting in solidarity for a more just and sustainable future.
Ways to commemorate the Laudato Si’ Fifth Anniversary:
- View Pope Francis’ video introduction to Laudato Si’ Week at laudatosiweek.org.
- Consider praying the Common Prayer each day from May 16-24, 2020 following the powerful tradition of a novena. Pick a time and place each day to say the prayer with your family, perhaps while out in the yard or looking out the window at creation. Set aside time to reflect on your call as a person to steward God’s creation.
- Ignatian Solidarity Network Laudato Si’ Week Events: igsol.net/lsweek
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/environment/index.cfm?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=3b65f554-86fc-4fbd-8f33-9afb7517a512
- Creation Meditation: https://catholicclimatecovenant.org/resource/meditation-creation?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=3b65f554-86fc-4fbd-8f33-9afb7517a512