The St. Malachi PrayerAlert email system has served many to keep all parishioners informed of illnesses, death, as well as emergency messages. However, a few folks (about 10) do not have email access and need to be phoned. If this is something to which you can respond, please contact the Communications Commission via firstname.lastname@example.org. And if, perhaps, 2 or 3 volunteers come forward, those 10 would be divided into fewer phone calls.
The trauma of being incarcerated goes far beyond the person in jail or prison. It includes the family which may deal with loss of a parent in the home, a breadwinner, shame & much more. It can include problems in visiting a person, whether transportation, arriving at the prison only to learn your name is not on the list of those to have visitation that day, forgotten IDs, wearing the wrong clothes, etc.
Sr. Rita Mary Harwood SND, of our diocese, developed the LEAF (Listening, Encouraging and Assisting Families) program to provide a place for families to share their worries & troubles with other families in the same straits. A parish-based program, St. Malachi is forming a listening group to welcome families once a month for an evening of sharing & listening. We will provide light refreshments, babysitting for little ones, an open forum for their sharing experiences & a guide to agencies which can help.
A few people are interested in working with us; we need more people. Sr. Rita Mary will come out for some training & typically comes to the sessions. Please contact Deacon Leo at leot.bistak@gmail. com if you have interest in being part of the team at St. Malachi.
Christmas at St. Malachi Parish is beautiful because many people help! Please let Kay Vine know if/when you can help: (216) 653-1993 or email@example.com.
We will be decorating the church in stages on the following days:
1) Friday, December 18, 2015 or Saturday morning, December 19,2015 erect the large artificial tree in the sanctuary
2) Sunday morning, December 20, 2015 put live trees in stands
3) Sunday, December 20, 2015 after 11:30 Mass install and place lights on live trees, place banner on choir loft ledge, wreaths on pillars, large wreath outdoors in front of church, place figures in creche
4) Tuesday, December 22, 2015 after Noon Mass water and place poinsettias around altars and other places in church
5) Wednesday, December 23, 2015 after Noon Mass complete work on Advent wreath (add lilies around white candle, add poinsettia plants, change altar cloths, lectern (ambo) frontal, credence and gift table cloths for Christmas Masses
Cooks for the main dish are needed for the Monday Night Meal on the third Monday of each month. If you can help us, please contact Greg Gortz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-227-7360.
Sunday, 11/22/2015 is the Feast of Christ the King, the end of the Church year, so Advent will begin the following week.
During this one hour in the School Hall we will prepare our hearts and hands for Advent through loving service in the name of Christ our King.
If you can, please bring PB & J, bread, socks, hats & gloves, hand warmers and cereal bars for gift bags that we will be preparing for our neighbors in less fortunate circumstances.
While we are together we will have a variety of service activities, with something appropriate for every age. These activities will include making sandwiches, writing Christmas cards for our parish shut-ins, and preparing gift packages for our homeless neighbors. In addition, we will have Advent materials available that you can take home for your home Advent devotions. Come to this great St. Malachi Parish event, there is something for all ages!
The Parish Life/Hospitality Commission seeks persons to help with the many important tasks for our reception following our 150th Anniversary Mass on Sunday, November 8, 2015. Helping out is a great way to meet other parishioners! We need help with food preparation, set-up, clean-up, decorating and serving food and beverages. Home-made baked goods will also be needed. If you can help, please contact Terry Jungquist at 216-543-5500 (call or text) or email email@example.com. No experience necessary. Must be willing to have fun!!
On November 8, 2015 from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, in the School Hall, there will be a meeting for Monday Night meal cooks. If you are an experienced cook, or interested in helping with this important ministry at St. Malachi, please come to this meeting. If you cannot come, or if you have any questions, please contact the Monday Night Meal coordinator, Greg Gortz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Jesus calling you to visit and bring Communion to our shut-ins, ill or hospitalized? Volunteers are needed about once a month. Please pray about this beautiful ministry. Contact: Call Stephanie Pritts at (216) 861-5343 or via email at Stephanie.P@StMalachi.org.
1. Website Team: We seek someone who can update the website once/month based on weekly bulletin items. This takes about 2 hours once or twice per month. This job will need to be done on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Work from home. Skills needed are good computer literacy, good writing skills, and basic knowledge of working with digital photographs. Training provided!
2. Phone Outreach Team. Our phone outreach team calls all parishioners to invite them to a parish event 4 times per year. Each team member needs to make 20-30 phone calls 4 times per year.
3. Social Media Team. Calling all Facebook and Twitter Fans. If you use Facebook, Twitter and/or Youtube you are needed. Time commitment 1-2 hours/month.
Contact Gary Pritts at (216) 233-4960 or email@example.com.